Friday, December 21, 2007

BoA No Longer Enjoys Working Plans to Study Overseas


Version 1
In a recent interview with the Japanese press, she made confessions that no fan of hers or the press expected to hear: that she "no longer" enjoys working, and that she plans to take a break from her usual routine and pursue her study in America.

She told interviewers that she was feeling "exhausted", which is hardly surprising, considering her incredibly busy schedules in the past seven years, going back and forth between Korea and Japan. However, her emotional problem apparently goes far deeper than that; she confessed that she felt as if "her identity as a human has been lost".

BoA said this is not a recent development. She felt that she had "lost direction" of her life ever since releasing Best of Soul, her best-of compilation that has sold more than a million copies in Japan. Since then she never really had time to reflect on her life and her goals.

Her plan to overcome this slump is to realize her teenage dream, which is to go to a university in America and pursue the studies that she has always wanted to do. She said that she was "certain" that in four years' time she'd be attending a university in the U.S., improving her English and dance skills.

Version 2
“‘I do not feel as happy doing what I am doing now. To put it more exaggeratedly, I think I might have lost myself, my sense of belonging, in the midst of working.’

These words let slipped by BoA, who has been active as a front runner in the entertainment scene, were both shocking and surprising to the people around her.

‘It was probably after the release of my compilation album (Best Of Soul), that I began to lose my aim in life. I guess in a way, it was having to work constantly with no breather in between each moment, that made me feel that way. From time to time, I will think back and reflect, whether I am being too contented with what I have now. Honestly, I always wonder what will happen to me if I were to give up singing one day, but because singing has been my life, the thought of it is enough to just jolt me back to my senses that I need to go on with singing. But I guess it is the fact that I hadn’t have a break for so long that it is making me burnt out.’

As BoA told us these, she secretly threw a glance to her colleagues(manager etc) at the side and gave them a small but bitter smile. Indeed, throughout these 7 years, she has been shuffling back and forth between Japan and Korea without rest in her schedules and has used up 4 passports in the midst of her travelling. Perhaps it’s because she is so busy, that she cannot seem to find the motivation to drive her anymore. However, BoA has not lost her dreams all these while. It’s a dream made she was 15 years old — That she wants go abroad to America to study 10 years later, when she is 25 years old.

‘There’s still 4 more years to when I am 25 years old. Maybe I will really go abroad to study then. I want to study English and also take up ballet, these are what I feel are important and essential to me. Besides, I can still do recordings even when I am studying.’

Being an avid and inquisitive learner, BoA has mentioned during her teens years, that she would want to study Economics.”



Creditz:
asian-hq.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home